Milford Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Milford Recreation Department has collaborated with Marlene Sanchez and the Camp Happiness staff to develop programs for children and young adults with special needs. These programs have been developed to provide children with special needs a fun, supportive and caring environment where they can socialize and participate in age appropriate activities. The Leadership team at Camp Happiness have put a lot of brainstorming to secure a good environment for all the participants. We have tried to keep each program as affordable as possible to the families so they can participate without financial hardships.
Check out the program descriptions below!!
If you need additional financial assistance, please email
Program Director: Marlene Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recreation Director: Bill Garfield at email@example.com
Recreation Supervisor: Rich Minnix at firstname.lastname@example.org
MAP's DRAMA CLUB: SPRING MUSICAL
- MAPS PRESENTS: The Little Mermaid, Jr.
- Club begins January 30, culminating in our final performance on May 20th!!!
- $325.00 per participant
- Ages 5-25
- Auditions begin January 30 (Monday); Rehearsals run Tuesday/Thursday February 21 to May 20
- Rehearsals Tuesday & Thursday beginning Feb. 21 run 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- NO Rehearsal April 11 or 13 for April Break
- Rehearsals Tuesday & Thursday beginning Apr. 18 run 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- Rehearsals Tuesday & Thursday beginning May 2 run 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- DRESS REHEARSAL WEEK: Rehearsal Tues. 5/16, Wed. 5/17, Thurs. 5/18, 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- **Main cast members may be asked to stay for extra time (no more than half an hour).
- Family Only Preview Night: Friday, May 19 (6:30 pm)
- THE BIG SHOW! Saturday, May 20 (3:00 pm)
- LOCATION: Fannie Beach Neighborhood Center & Parsons Veteran's Memorial Auditorium
- Participants will receive a commemorative cast tee-shirt and video of our show!
- Financial Aid is available
MAPs BUSY BUILDERS
- Did you participate in this summer's storybook STEAM Club? Love Legos? Building? You'll love this one! Participants will practice social communication skills and work as a group! This club is perfect for participants that enjoy building with a variety of tools and enjoy experimenting with their builds!
- Each week, we will participate in different building challenges using traditional and non-traditional building materials and practice the skills engineers use on a daily basis, like working as a team, making our creations better.
- 5-week Club with Miss Sara & Miss Emily
- COST: $70 per child
- AGE: 6-16
- DATE: January 7, 14, 21, 28; February 4 (Snow Make-Up Day - February 11)
- Saturday from 10:00 - 11:00 am at Fannie Beach Neighborhood Center (16 Dixon Street)
- Limited to 10 participants
- Participants will receive MAPs swag!
Additional Forms and Files: