Milford Recreation Department
Skip to nav
- Location: McCann Natatorium
- Cost: $100.00
- Parents, Please Read each of the following descriptions for the swim class. If you are unsure of where your child fits, please put them in a lower level. We can always advance them to a different group.
- Level 1 Prerequisites:
- No swimming experience necessary
- Must be out of diapers
- Must be able to sit and listen to instruction for 30 minutes
- Level 2 Prerequisites:
- Enter and exit water independently
- Travel 5 yards in water (swim, walk or along gutter)
- Glide on front with support 2 body lengths
- Back float for 5 seconds with support
- Level 3 Prerequisites
- Jump from the side into chest-deep water
- treading or floating position for at least 15 seconds
- swim on front and/or back for 5 body lengths
- back float for 15 seconds
- Level 4 Prerequisites:
- Jump into deep water and recover to the surface
- treading or floating for 1 minute,
- swim front crawl and/or elementary backstroke for 25 yards
- swim front crawl for 15 yards, change direction and swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards
- Level 5 Prerequisites
- swim front crawl for 25 yards, change direction and swim elementary backstroke for 25 yards.
- Swim breaststroke for 15 yards,
- Swim back crawl for 15 yards.
- Swim a distance of 3 to 5 body lengths underwater
- Level 6 Prerequisites:
- Perform a dive into deep water
- Swim front crawl for 50 yards
- Swim elementary backstroke for 50 yards
- Swim breaststroke for 25 yards,
- Swim back crawl for 25 yards
- In the event of inclement weather, the cancellation decision will be made 2 hours before the activity begins.
- Cancellation Information will be posted on MilfordRecreation.com
- If the program is canceled an email and/or text message will be sent to all registered participants.
- Please be sure to update your Household Account with your current contact information and that you opt to receive cancellation information.