ALL ADULT SOFTBALL INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE AND ALL OF ITS CONTENTS WITHIN IS CONSIDERED TENTATIVE UNTIL MAY 1, 2021 (some information will remain tentative longer as noted in specific documents.)
Adult Slow Pitch Softball in Milford has a long history and is very popular with its residents. With over 60 adult teams and boasting several USA Softball National Champions from Milford, softball is one of the most successful programs in the state and is recognized Nationally.
Confirmed 2021 League's & Division's of play:
Elite League (Formerly Tournament League) - Thursday
Recreation League - Monday OR Wednesday
Industrial League (Women Eligible) - Thursday
Elder Leagues (Formerly Senior League) - Tuesday
- Over 40 Division
- Under 60 Division
- Over 65 Division
Elder League - TBD (likely Thursday)
Recreation League - Tuesday
Industrial League eligible - Thursday
COED: - Friday
Elite Division (Formerly Tournament (A) Division)
Recreation Division (B)
Please refer to 2021 Adult Softball League Rules and Regulations for age and eligibility requirements prior to registering.
Team Registration: (submission of fees to secure a team spot) for the 2021 season will be March 1, 2021 through April 2, 2021 (deadline).
Individual Player Registration: (free) for the 2021 season will begin March 15, 2021.Players that do not have a team may register as a free agent (March 15) although it is not a guarantee you will be selected to play on a team. The Milford Recreation Department does not place individuals on teams.
All registrations, both team and player, are completed through our website. All persons registering must first have (or create) a free household account at www.milfordrecreation.com in order register. Those requiring assistance may register via phone or in person (any fees due are due at the time of registration). Current office hours are Monday - Friday 9a - 5p however in-person registration must be by appointment only between the hours of 9a - 2p.
Adult Slow Pitch Information
The Milford Recreation Department announces that it will begin taking TEAM registration for its 2021 USA SOFTBALL Adult Softball Leagues on March 1, 2021 at www.milfordrecreation.com. THE TEAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS APRIL 2, 2021.
Team Registration is on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS and will conclude on April 2, 2021 or when league limits are met. No spots for previous year's teams will be reserved, only submission of team fees will secure your teams spot for the 2021 season.
Individual Player Registration begins registering to play beginning March 15, 2021 provided that the players team has registered for the 2021 season. There are no fees associated with individual player registrations...it's free!!
Individual Registration will not be live (available) on the website until March 15, 2021. Players may be added to existing teams at any time until the May 31, 2021 deadline.
Any in-person team or individual registrations are welcome however they ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY between 9a - 2p all business days, Monday - Friday.
START DATES ARE YET TO BE DETERMINED AT THIS TIME (02/26/21).
- Entry Fee & CT USA SOFTBALL Team Fee $250.00 per team – (If registering in-person: Payable to City of Milford (2 separate checks - $200/$50)
- Umpire Fee (2 man) $35.00 per team / per game – payable in cash at game time
- Umpire Fee (1 man) $25.00 per team / per game - payable in cash at game time
- The Recreation Department no longer collects a Forfeit Fee. If a team forfeits they must submit a submit the $70 (per game) Forfeit Fee via this website 48 hours prior to their next scheduled game. In-person cash or check submissions will be accepted BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - payable to City of Milford.
All leagues are open to Milford Residents AND Non-Residents. All players, in all leagues, (INCLUDING of those participating in the Elder League (formerly Senior League) and the Industrial League) must create an account at www.milfordrecreation.com and register individually beginning March 15. INDIVIDUALS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER UNTIL THEIR TEAM IS REGISTERED.
There is no additional fee for Non-Residents.
The Former Resident Fee "Grandfather Clause" has been abolished as it is no longer necessary with the permissible eligibility of all Non-Residents.
How to Register
In order to register a team, THE COACH/MANAGER will need to set up a free Household Account; you do not have to wait until March 1 to create an account. If you already have a Household Account you do not have to create another one. If you have an existing account but forgot your login information please call the office to obtain it. Kindly, do not establish another Household Account.
Once the Coach/Manager establishes an account:
- From the Adult Softball page (this page). Click on "Adult Softball Team Registration".
- From there you will be asked questions about your team/league. - Answer questions.
- Checkout with credit card payment.
- You will receive and emailed receipt.
- Upon successful registration, notify your players that beginning March 15, 2021 they will be able to register individually.
NOTE: If you are registering more than one team you will have to complete this process for each team.
Also beginning March 15, 2021, those individuals who do not have a team can register below as a "Free Agent." Free Agent player information will be made available via our (this) webpage to all league participants in the event his/her team is in need of player. Registering as a Free Agent does not guarantee you will be selected by a team. There is no fee to register as a Free Agent.
- Bases: Each team must have a set of throw-down bases including a safety first base.
- Balls: Each team must supply one new ball per game (see specifics in Rules & Regulations).
- Bats: Each team must provide their own bats (Exception: Men's Elite League)
- Strike Zone Mat: Required; provided by the Milford Recreation Department - must be picked up in person if needed.
- In the event of inclement weather, the cancellation decision will be made at 4:00 p.m.
- Cancellation Information will be posted on MilfordRecreation.com
- If the program is canceled an email and/or text message will be sent to all registered participants.
- Please be sure to update your Household Account with your current contact information and that you opt to receive cancellation information.
Additional Forms and Files: